22408 replies to this topic

#16 scorpiochick

scorpiochick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:36 PM

Wow onewood, Mitchell sounds great! What a fantastic thing for a little bloke to get into. As long as he is having fun...and it sure sounds like he is. smile.gif

Judge...you will have to share the secret of your success on Saturday! Was it the Subway or the JD's that did it for you??!!
wink.gif

#17 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:00 AM

onewood, that is unbbelievable!

Courty, great solid round!

Mau, I would be drunk as 10 men if I broke 80, How strange is this game! :roll:

#18 gazgolf1

gazgolf1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:04 AM

Had 38 points at Oxley on Saturday,a couple of holes were my downfall.
Played alternate shot at Redcliffe on Sunday,never again :evil: .Lots of walking not enough swinging.I felt ripped off at the end,I did'nt feel like I could get into a rhythm playing every second shot.I should'nt winge the course was in good nick and the weather was great,playing Royal Queensland next weekend biggrin.gif

#19 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:25 AM

I also hate 4somes gazgolf1, normally tell the missus on that weekend (we only play it once a year) that 'Stuff golf, think I'll spend the day with you Darling!'
Works a treat! :twisted:

#20 bully04

bully04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:15 PM

Did not play this weekend...was meant to work, but got told that I was not required...so packed up the family and headed off to the Grampians...had a wonderful time doing the tourist stuff...

Wont be playing this weekend or next weekend as I am on call with work, and it is just not worth risking going out to play when you could get called out :evil: (Anyone have a vacancie that does not require w/e or on callwork :?: :?: :?: laugh.gif )

Will have to try and get to the driving range for some practice... :wink:

• hardi likes this

#21 Redd

Redd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:23 AM

Great score at Ranfurlie on Saturday , the wind was probably howling as it was down our way.

Have played your course (ranfurlie) twice in the past month and thoroughly enjoyed it both times, it's a great track, and I'll bet the teeth come out on the real windy days.

I had a +3 playing par on the weekend which helped tip the handicap from 10 to 9 (for the first time in single figures) so I was also pretty happy (had a quiet bourbon to celebrate) smile.gif

Well Done

#22 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:47 AM

Congradulations Redd
9 point what
My lowest was 7.4 and it lasted for 1 week, I then went back out to 9 before finally getting back to 7.2 last week. So I have atleast 3 weeks at 7 :wink:

#23 Redd

Redd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:07 AM

It's at 9.1 , so I've got 4 rounds leeway to try and hang in there, yeah glad it's not 9.4 -1 round, and back out you go smile.gif

Redd

#24 golfrh

golfrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:09 AM

Nice work Judge. I strained some rib muscles practising on Friday and played like my 3 year old daughter Saturday smile.gif . Only she putts better.

#25 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:32 PM

Congrats Redd, hopefully it wont be long before I join you. Maybe if I have a few less 'quiet' bourbons Friday night and it might be sooner than I think!
Where are you a member at? You have probably said before in a thread somewhere but I can't recall...

Wind was blowing a bit on Saturday, I hit 9 iron from 150 odd thru the back of the green on the 6th!

#26 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:14 AM

I've achieved 2 of my goals for the year already...

Won a comp, and so far my scores in 3 of the 4 comp rounds I've had to date are in the 70's and the other an 80...

Am now back down to the dreaded 9 handicap... sad.gif

#27 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:30 AM

Can't wait to get to 9!

#28 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:36 AM

it's not all it's cracked out to be judge... smile.gif

I've read some funny shoit about 9 handicappers... :mrgreen:

#29 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:20 PM

I just want to get to 9 so when I'm old and wrinkly and the Grandkids ask me what my handicap was I can say' Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I used to be a single figure player!' :twisted:

#30 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:44 PM

Hey Gazgolf - was that a teamforegolf alternate shot??- didn't play that as I thought it was a bit rich to pay that much for half a game
damo
ps - good luck at RQ - an very average members course [and that is being very kind!]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users