#23492 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

You know you’re sledging yourself even more than AM there don’t you?
  • GhettoGolfer, iRON MiCK and Fatprick like this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#23493 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Played Monthly Medal yesterday, it was blustery conditions but fortunately it was blow away from OB on 1, 3 and 4 which is my idea wind.

Started in the back nine.

10th. Bunted a driver down the hill leaving myself and easy 9i into the green. Hit to about 30feet for a 2 putt par.

Good tee shot off 11, but my layup went a bit long a left. I had a shot into the green for my 3rd but had over hanging branches so I had to keep the ball low but still need to carry the pond at the front. Had no idea how hard to "chip" an 8i from 100m but got a break when the ball took on bounce in the pond and ended up on dry land on the other side. Hit a good pitch but couldn't make my par, but was still happy i didn't make double or worse.

I was in between clubs on 12, so tried to take bit off a 5i and pulled it left. It was going for the hazard but once again I had some good fortune as it caught enough of the thick rough for it to stay dry. I was in a fluffy lie and the ball was below my feet so I took my medicine and hit 30feet pass the hole. Just missed the par putt but happy to only make bogey.

Smoked a driver up 13 into a slight breeze. Hit hybrid to the right edge of the green and pitch to 3feet for an easy birdie.

Hit a good shot on to 14 to about 15 feet and left it short in the guts.

Pulled my tee shot left on 15 and I had to hit a bit hook with a 9i, but had to keep it low. It somehow missed the pot, but I was able to take advantage of the good luck and get up and down and made bogey.

Hit 9i into 16 to about 8 feet and made the putt to be +1 after 7.

Smoked driver down 17 and had a little flick with the lob wedge from about 50m to an elevator green and the pin was tuck just over a bunker. Knocked to about 30 feet and 2 putted for par.

Pushed drive well right and managed to hit a punch 3 iron to about 30m short of the green, hit a crappy pitch but was able to hole the 20 footer for par.

Hit a really good drive up 1 but it drifted left with the wind. Punch 7i to the front edge of the green and easy 2 putt.

Regulation par on 2.

Hit the driver off the toe a bit and the ball caught some trees. After a bit of search I found it and still had 270m+ to the green. Big snap hook out from under treess left me bad angle into back right pin. Hit hit a bump and run from about 100m and left my self easy straight up the hill chip. I knocked it to about 4 feet and holed the putt for bit of a lucky bogey.

Topped it off the 4th and once again left me with about 230m to the hole. Punched out from under a tree leaving me about 60m to a right hand pin just over a bunker. Hit a really good lib wedge to about 8feet, hit over read the putt and mised it on the high side, tapped in for another bogey to be +3 after 13 holes.

Crappy sprayed tee shot off 5 well right, hit hit a good chip and tap in distance for my par.

Big pull with driver on 6 lead to another bogey. Now I'm +4 after 15.

Good tee shot on 7 and burnt the edge from about 35feet for a good settling par.

Once again massive spray with the driver in 8, but was able to hit a good recovery shot to about 25 feet but missed the birdie putt.

Pulled my tee shot on 9 into the trees I was greedy and try to go for the smallest gap trying to get the ball the front edge of the green so I got a chance to get up and down for par and shoot my handicap. It hit the tree and came back under another tree with some root in the way. More risky play I was able to shoot on up near the green. Nearly hole the par chip but was able to hole the 3 footer for bogey.

So lots of luck today but I feel like my game is going well at the moment. I also didn't make a double or worse. I also didn't have a 3 putt or worse. I finished with 75 gross which is +1 over my handicap but, enough to win the A grade monthly medal.

Stats:

75 gross, 71 net

2 x Birdies

9 X GIR

30 putts

0 X 3 putts

0 lost balls
  • GhettoGolfer, Madam, Goldy and 2 others like this

#23494 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

Solid stuff Bluu

Love it when you get a couple of lucky bounces
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#23495 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Solid stuff Bluu

Love it when you get a couple of lucky bounces

Thanks mate.

It's the only way to play 😆
  • Weetbix likes this

#23496 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12577 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

You know you’re sledging yourself even more than AM there don’t you?

Hell yeah
  • Fatprick likes this

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#23497 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8850 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

Div 1 Pennant at Leongatha on Sunday.

wet and blustery conditions made play difficult.

The course held up well.

I won my match 3 &2 by staying focussed on game plan and not on the conditions.

It also helped when my opponent did a helicopter on 14th tee after loosing the previous hole and hitting into bunker on 14th.

He was gone, it was just a matter of hanging in there, not doing any thing silly and let the result take care of itself. very happy how I ground it out.

The team lost 4 /3.

games in all other Divisions in the district were called off.

• Madam, hack2489 and PuttOvr like this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#23498 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23539 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

Well done CB.
You'd be a hard man to beat.

#23499 Fatprick

Fatprick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19371 posts
  • Location.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Played Monthly Medal yesterday, it was blustery conditions but fortunately it was blow away from OB on 1, 3 and 4 which is my idea wind.
Started in the back nine.
10th. Bunted a driver down the hill leaving myself and easy 9i into the green. Hit to about 30feet for a 2 putt par.
Good tee shot off 11, but my layup went a bit long a left. I had a shot into the green for my 3rd but had over hanging branches so I had to keep the ball low but still need to carry the pond at the front. Had no idea how hard to "chip" an 8i from 100m but got a break when the ball took on bounce in the pond and ended up on dry land on the other side. Hit a good pitch but couldn't make my par, but was still happy i didn't make double or worse.
I was in between clubs on 12, so tried to take bit off a 5i and pulled it left. It was going for the hazard but once again I had some good fortune as it caught enough of the thick rough for it to stay dry. I was in a fluffy lie and the ball was below my feet so I took my medicine and hit 30feet pass the hole. Just missed the par putt but happy to only make bogey.
Smoked a driver up 13 into a slight breeze. Hit hybrid to the right edge of the green and pitch to 3feet for an easy birdie.
Hit a good shot on to 14 to about 15 feet and left it short in the guts.
Pulled my tee shot left on 15 and I had to hit a bit hook with a 9i, but had to keep it low. It somehow missed the pot, but I was able to take advantage of the good luck and get up and down and made bogey.
Hit 9i into 16 to about 8 feet and made the putt to be +1 after 7.
Smoked driver down 17 and had a little flick with the lob wedge from about 50m to an elevator green and the pin was tuck just over a bunker. Knocked to about 30 feet and 2 putted for par.
Pushed drive well right and managed to hit a punch 3 iron to about 30m short of the green, hit a crappy pitch but was able to hole the 20 footer for par.
Hit a really good drive up 1 but it drifted left with the wind. Punch 7i to the front edge of the green and easy 2 putt.
Regulation par on 2.
Hit the driver off the toe a bit and the ball caught some trees. After a bit of search I found it and still had 270m+ to the green. Big snap hook out from under treess left me bad angle into back right pin. Hit hit a bump and run from about 100m and left my self easy straight up the hill chip. I knocked it to about 4 feet and holed the putt for bit of a lucky bogey.
Topped it off the 4th and once again left me with about 230m to the hole. Punched out from under a tree leaving me about 60m to a right hand pin just over a bunker. Hit a really good lib wedge to about 8feet, hit over read the putt and mised it on the high side, tapped in for another bogey to be +3 after 13 holes.
Crappy sprayed tee shot off 5 well right, hit hit a good chip and tap in distance for my par.
Big pull with driver on 6 lead to another bogey. Now I'm +4 after 15.
Good tee shot on 7 and burnt the edge from about 35feet for a good settling par.
Once again massive spray with the driver in 8, but was able to hit a good recovery shot to about 25 feet but missed the birdie putt.
Pulled my tee shot on 9 into the trees I was greedy and try to go for the smallest gap trying to get the ball the front edge of the green so I got a chance to get up and down for par and shoot my handicap. It hit the tree and came back under another tree with some root in the way. More risky play I was able to shoot on up near the green. Nearly hole the par chip but was able to hole the 3 footer for bogey.
So lots of luck today but I feel like my game is going well at the moment. I also didn't make a double or worse. I also didn't have a 3 putt or worse. I finished with 75 gross which is +1 over my handicap but, enough to win the A grade monthly medal.
Stats:
75 gross, 71 net
2 x Birdies
9 X GIR
30 putts
0 X 3 putts
0 lost balls

Nice round, Fatty!

#23500 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Nice round, Fatty!

Thanks fattier!!
  • Francie and Fatprick like this

#23501 Tommy444

Tommy444

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Played aggressively start to finish. Most regrettable. Just lay up man.
  • GhettoGolfer and iRON MiCK like this

#23502 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11053 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted Yesterday, 12:18 PM

32 points (17/15)
1 wipe
2x3 jabs
Lovely morning for it.
See what tomorrow brings
  • GhettoGolfer, iRON MiCK and ink like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up

2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#23503 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37703 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Plus one in Par.

I love Par.

• GhettoGolfer, jrg1166, Can Break 80 and 4 others like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#23504 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8850 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 PM

Plus one in Par.

I love Par.

nice round goldman, that will flag for you.

r u in pennant team for tomorrow.?

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#23505 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37703 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted Yesterday, 04:37 PM

nice round goldman, that will flag for you.

r u in pennant team for tomorrow.?

It'll easily flag...and nope, didn't get picked. Which is a bit of a shame in some ways...my last 3 rounds at the Frog have all been pretty solid in the conditions...especially last week in the gale.

The pennant boys are at Mandalay tomorrow...a bit dirty, as it's the only away venue worth playing...and I've never had a round there.

Oh well.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users