15085 replies to this topic

#1 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:03 PM

Thought it might find be intersting to find out how you Guys went this weekend...

How did I go I hear you ask???
I shot the freaking lights out!
Had 41 pointsat Ranfurlie playing off 15, CCR was 74 and it was pretty windy, won the comp, the super comp, plenty of balls and all the cash. I hit the ball better than I have for a long time and still managed to miss a few putts, 3 putted 4,8 and 11 and missed short ones on 5 and 7 while birdies lipped out on 6 and 9. I did make up for by 1 putting the last 4 greens though so I was WRAPPED! laugh.gif
Now I have to remember exactly what I did last Friday night and repeat it agan this week, Haircut, Subway for dinner, A few Jack Daniels and a few beers, watch the Cricket, bed about midnight after stuffing around on the computer for a hour or so...
I really think the inspiration came from the people who use this forum...I love's ya's all! biggrin.gif

• gracekelly, Haupdactseade, handeltav and 3 others like this

#2 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 10:06 PM

It's a good feeling to win the day.
Well done judgemails.
I played pennants and went down on the 18th.

#3 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:29 AM

judgesmails

Thank's for asking but I'd rather not talk about it :evil:

#4 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 01:24 AM

left my clubs in the shed last weekend and this weekend,took someones advice on the forum about playing poorely,they said don;t play for a couple of weeks,had a couple of wedge shots and the swing feels good so i'm hanging out for next weekend.thanks for the tip.

#5 joe

joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:08 AM

judgesmails

I love's ya's all!

Now Judge, did you have a few Jack's in ya' when you wrote this :wink:

Well done, mate. It's a good feeling to play well on a tough day, & it's always a good feeling to win.

Joe

#6 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:24 AM

No Joe, just happy to finally get the chocolates..chalk up 1 for the Old farts, can't hear the young bucks singing their praises to lous at the moment!

Maybe see me next week after I drop 2 or 3 shots of the old handicap... 8O

#7 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5233 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:24 AM

I played at my local and the greens had just been renovated. Scarified last week then cored and heavily topdressed this week. A bit of rain thru the week and I swear the grass was 2 inches long. (which could open up a new thread about greens renovations. Is all this pain really worth it 2 or 3 times a year)

Got on the bogey train on the back nine and came in with 36 points. Considering the putting surfaces I was pretty happy, in fact I thought 38 would have given A Grade a shake.

I picked up the paper this morning to see that a 7 marker shot 45 points. 43 runner up.
I cannot possibly see how.

#8 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:30 AM

I picked up the paper this morning to see that a 7 marker shot 45 points. 43 runner up.
I cannot possibly see how.

either every off line putt rolled back on line...or they played in a 2 and marked eachothers card.
Cored greens a a pain in the rear!

#9 aggiii

aggiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:20 AM

i just shot 82-76, ouch...pretty windy with greens running about 15 on the stimpmeter. a triple and 2 doubles in the 82, and the 76 included a triple bogey on 17th...great finish

#10 northern hacker

northern hacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 06:52 AM

Played in a 4BBBstroke with a 27 handicaper I was on the card 15 times but it was fun we ended up 3 over 75.I did the wrong thing by attacking every hole and it back fired on me.I had 2 net eagles to get us to that score.One good thing the wining score was only 61 so it was tough for every one 54 to 57 normally wins.
Poor bloke I was with crumbled if I had a poor shot he tried to pull a biggy out and ended up worst than me.I tired to let him go first and that didn't work either.
Just couldn't take a trick,but what the heck gained a new playing partner anyway laugh.gif

#11 taylor360

taylor360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:11 AM

i didnt play today but i caddied in the final of the junior pennants. we won so we are up to div 1 next year

#12 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 10:49 AM

pair of 79s for me. yesterday (played with the pro) was considered a disaster...putted badly, drove badly etc etc...and still managed to play one under hcp.

today..my F@#$%ng goodness...what a way to start the comp round...parred the first, OOB on the second par 3 for a 6, OOB hook on the 3rd for a 6, double 7 on the 4th...and on and on...had two birds on the 5th and 7th, only to be followed by d.bogeys on the next holes...ARRAAGGHHH...

what was good about today was that I didn't crumble, and manged to play level on the back to finish with a 79...if that was me last year...prob would have struggled to break 90...so am proud of that... :mrgreen:
also...first time with 4 birds in a round...woohoo... laugh.gif

#13 joe

joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:07 PM

Good come back Mau. 4 birds, great stuff. If you are anything like me you would have been driving home thinking about those OOB's & dreaming of what might have been. Must stand you in good stead for when you start well & have a good round going.

Plus, two ave. rounds & broke 80 each time. No matter how bad I'm playing, I'll do everything in my power to break 80. Even cheat. 8O

Joe

#14 Courty

Courty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:08 PM

Well done, gentlemen. I played a solid round. 36 points. 2 x 1 pointers, 2 x 3 pointers and the rest 2 pointers. I was happy to go around without a wipe, although I could have scored much better if my putting stroke was in existence... maybe next week. smile.gif

#15 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:32 PM

I took my son Mitchell to Corinda pitch & put and had a great day
Mitchell shot 63 for the 1st 18 holes 11 over.
He then wanted to play again and had 34 7 over.
You might think this isn't too crash hot.
Mitchell turned 4 in January.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ah Ben