5 replies to this topic

#1 botomfeeder

botomfeeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:54 AM

Anyone know the difference between the new Studio Design putters compared to the old ones? Also if you have pics that'd be great. Thanks.

#2 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:27 AM

Can't imagine that the 1.5 and 2.5 will be much different than the 2002 models. I assume the 3.5 will just have a different neck than the 2002 model 3. The 5, no idea.

No photo's but heres a description.

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2003 Studio Design Putters feature:

Refined shapes with more heel-toe weighting
New bright, rainbow effect, Black Pearl finish
100% milled from mild carbon steel for soft, traditional feel
Draft sole milled with negative bounce insures head never sits closed
Special high toe profiles, sole and topline slope up at toe
High toe profile looks square, helps maintain proper loft and face angle at set-up
Micro Bell shaft for models: 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and pencil shaft for model: 5
Single sight line on back flange
35" length
4° effective loft when putter is square
Cameron Studio Design U shaped arch paddle grip by Eaton
Includes Screaming Yellow putter headcover
All putters available in right-hand -Studio Design 5 available in left-hand

Scotty Cameron 2003 Studio Design Putters

Studio Design 1.5
Mid slant neck
Heel-toe design
Square flange

Studio Design 2.5
Flare neck
Heel-toe design
Round flange

Studio Design 3.5
Mid slant neck
Heel-toe design
Round flange

Studio Design 5
Mid mallet
No hosel design
Mid bend shaft

#3 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:40 AM

Found this decription of the new Studio range of putters, again no photo's so use your imagination.

We promised you a sneak peak of the 2003 line before the end of the year and we are delivering. Scotty has completely changed up the Studio design line of putters with new designs and a new finish called Black Shadow. This new finish offers exceptional feel with the added benefit of being nearly care free. A state-of –the-art process is used to apply the finish over carbon steel and it won’t rust or wear like the black oxide finish on the 2002 line. This new line is comprised of a 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 5. The 1.5 blends the natural lines and pocket of a proven design with a short slant neck for clean look at the ball and optimal ball performance. The 2.5 is a slightly shorter, stubbier head than the 1.5 with soft lines, a pocket in the cavity and matched with a flowing neck. The 3.5 incorporates the short slant neck with the 2.5 design bringing together both the natural and mechanical aspects of putter-making. The slant neck compliments the design well and makes for a perfect setup. The last of the new Studio Design line is the 5. The Model 5 is a mallet design that was introduced on Tour as the JAT2 MB (mid-bend). This mallet has no hosel so the shaft goes directly into the head and the shaft bend allows the putter to have ¼ toe flow like many other proven designs.
The 2003 Studio Stainless line will also see a couple of rolling changes.

#4 botomfeeder

botomfeeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:47 AM

any word on when they will come out? Thanks Heckler for the info. I'm really interested in getting a new putter this year. I want to go all out on one. I'm going all out on a new driver so I figure why not get a SC as well.

#5 heckler

heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:50 AM

Double post ...I've got the posting yips

#6 chuky

chuky

Suspect

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 02:18 AM

the most expensive club in my bag is a SC Studio design 5 2002 model, apart from the rust issue, this is beautiful club to look at and a handy club to putt with. Now if i could just get the thing to play by itself it would be pretty dam near perfect. No really i think its money well spent, but then again you can't really show off to your mates with it on the tee can you. what do they say , something like , "putt for dough and drive for show".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users