8 replies to this topic

#1 gregorywannabe

gregorywannabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:26 AM

Any thoughts/opinions re the Fujikura 26.3 Tour Platform Shaft?

I currently play an R580XD with NV65s 9.5° and was wondering how it would compare with an R5 Dual N with the Fujikura 26.3 Tour Platform Shaft 10.5°.

The NV65s is listed as low torque, mid/high kickpoint and the Fujikura as mid torque, high kickpoint.

Thanks.

#2 grumpy_dog

grumpy_dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE: gregorywannabe @ Jun 19 2006, 02:26 PM

I currently play an R580XD with NV65s 9.5° and was wondering how it would compare with an R5 Dual N with the Fujikura 26.3 Tour Platform Shaft 10.5°.

The NV65s is listed as low torque, mid/high kickpoint and the Fujikura as mid torque, high kickpoint.

Thanks.

dunno - it seems ok

had a couple of hits with it in a Callaway X460 Tour 9.5 in a reg...was an ok combo if not feeling a touch soft for me...

the other one was a X Tour 3wood in a stiff...this was a nice combo. great head and shaft was nice too...

#3 Virge666

Virge666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4229 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE: gregorywannabe @ Jun 19 2006, 02:26 PM

Thanks.

All these shafts are fine - but you MUST spine them... or Pure them... REALLY !!!

You would be surpised the differing flex depending on how they are installed. Ask anyone with a frequency monitor.

#4 gregorywannabe

gregorywannabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE: Virge666 @ Jun 19 2006, 03:36 PM

All these shafts are fine - but you MUST spine them... or Pure them... REALLY !!!

You would be surpised the differing flex depending on how they are installed. Ask anyone with a frequency monitor.

And I would assume that most OEM factory installed shafts are not?

#5 The Cisco Kid

The Cisco Kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:18 AM

I had one it was dogs**t. Reg shaft and played to extra stiff!! The club pro laughed himself silly and tried to sell me an alternative.

Fujikura can go ____ themselves

#6 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

Tour Platform has never been my fav line form Fuji. Its a real love/hate shaft. If you want fuji but don't want to spend on fuji then get a SK Fiber. Poor mans Fuji.

I had just better clarify something before I get another angry phone call. When I say the SK Fiber is a "poor mans Fuji", I'm saying SK Fiber is as good as a fuji (of course when fitted correctly) in every way, actually they have a tighter CPM range than Fuji so it would make them a better shaft (again as long as the fitting is correct).

#7 grazo

grazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:36 AM

I currently use a Tour Platform 27.3 in my R510 TP. I really like it. Previously I had used the NV65 in most of my drivers, and they really are very different.

To me the NV feels very stiff and you can feel that the tip is firm. The Fuji feels soft by comparison, and more flexible in the tip, which helps me feel like the head will come through quicker. I feel that to hit the NV well I have to really go after it, whereas a smoother swing is rewarded with the Fuji.

Bottom line is - why do you want to change? If you feel like you don't get enough height or can't square the face properly with the NV, then the Fuji may well be what you need. If height and squaring the face are not a problem, then the Fuji will probably do more harm than good.

#8 Janjuc

Janjuc

Lost Soul ©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts
  • LocationI'm Close, Very Close

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE: Ben @ Jun 19 2006, 06:36 PM

Tour Platform has never been my fav line form Fuji. Its a real love/hate shaft. If you want fuji but don't want to spend on fuji then get a SK Fiber. Poor mans Fuji.

I had just better clarify something before I get another angry phone call. When I say the SK Fiber is a "poor mans Fuji", I'm saying SK Fiber is as good as a fuji (of course when fitted correctly) in every way, actually they have a tighter CPM range than Fuji so it would make them a better shaft (again as long as the fitting is correct).

I have SK Fibre TT80's in my hybrids and get good feel and good response from the club, they have been splined by the local clubfitter, so that the 'company logo' is not perfectly aligned, as in an OEM club, but then performance is improved.

#9 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:38 AM

greg - mate has the MP001-460 with the same shaft you're referring to - he's smashing that driver like crazy...goes really really well for him!!!

I had the same driver with the NVS-65S - I think he had the better shaft for sure!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users